February 28, 2012 • 21:36
Verilog-Perl 3.314(15926 – the PI version!) is released and pushed to Fedora and EPEL6 testing repositories.
Verilog::Language 3.314 2012/02/27 ChangeLog
- vhier –forest and –instance. [by John Busco]
- Fix expansion of back-slashed escaped macros, bug441. [Alberto Del Rio]
- Fix -F relative filename parsing, bug444. [Jeremy Bennett]
- Fix c style var array declarations. [by Jack Cummings]
- Fix –debug parsing after -f files, bug442. [Jeremy Bennett]
- Fix hang on recursive substitution `defines, bug443. [Alex Solomatnikov]
Filed under: Free Electronic Lab, perl, verilog
On the 1st january 2012, fritzing was pushed into fedora stable repositories, by Ed Marshall.
Fritzing is an open-source initiative to support designers, artists, researchers and hobbyists to work creatively with interactive electronics. We are creating a software and website in the spirit of Processing and Arduino, developing a tool that allows users to document their prototypes, share them with others, teach electronics in a classroom, and to create a pcb layout for professional manufacturing.
Fritzing is a nice project from our german friends, which I feel is a nice place to share their openhardware. They even provide Fab service. For those of you who uses the Italian project Arduino, you will enjoy fritzing along with arduino IDE. Happy prototyping !
Filed under: arduino, Free Electronic Lab, fritzing
Thibault North has released an update of avr-gcc-4.6.2 which fixes the presence of strange characters when using the Arduino Ethernet due to a corrupted transmission.
Filed under: arduino, Free Electronic Lab
December 19, 2011 • 23:31
Shakthi updated gplcver to fix a crash upon launch.
Dean Glazeski updated openocd to 0.5.0.
Filed under: fedora, Free Electronic Lab
December 18, 2011 • 17:01
Here are some minor updates on the FEL:
- dinotrace – new update was pushed on testing repositories
- fped – new update was pushed to stable repositories
- geda-gaf (Fixes broken dependency libgmp.so.3 on rawhide and FTBFS with glib headers, Fixes RHBZ#604288, RHBZ#710281, L#704829 – Refresh on in-use tab causes crashes)
- vhd2vl 2.4 – new update was pushed on testing repositories
- Fritzing will soon be part of Fedora repositories
- Toped will have a technology editor which will reduce days of porting foundry’s tech files.
Filed under: Free Electronic Lab, gEDA
November 30, 2011 • 00:45
A bugfix release of PCB layout tool editor has been pushed to Fedora testing repositories to resolve the following:
- Bug fix L#882712 Route styles are not properly loaded after nm conversion
- Bug fix L#699307 Panning problem when mouse button is released on scrollbar (sf-2923335)
- Bug fix L#891041 png export broken for tilted, square pads
Filed under: pcb
With Gnome 3 shipped with Fedora 15, the menu “electronics” is no longer available on Fedora 15′s gnome-menu.
It was rather annoying for me, as this custom “Electronics” menu remained the first thing that non-linux users would look at if they want to embrace Free(Fedora) Electronic Lab.
Finally, I found how to fix it. It seems that the directory /etc/xdg/menus/application-merged became /etc/xdg/menus/application-gnome-merged.
$ mkdir /etc/xdg/menus/applications-gnome-merged
$ ln -s /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/electronics.menu /etc/xdg/menus/applications-gnome-merged/electronics.menu
The “electronics-menu” package will soon be updated to reflect this fix on Fedora 15.
Filed under: fedora, Free Electronic Lab, gnome
February 20, 2011 • 19:05
Toped 0.9.7 has been released.
Among the new features:
- Further work on Calibre DRC visualisation. Browser supports cell name mode now.
- New utility (gds2vrml) for generation of VRML files.
- Improved memory footprint, improved TELL execution speed.
- Compressed files supported now for all input DB formats.
- Plug-in development infrastructure. Header files for a development package are released for the first time. Plug-in example will be available shortly
- TELL user library initiated and included in the distribution.
- Some new build-in TELL functions including exec renamecell etc.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
This new release will be available shortly on fedora and EPEL testing repositories.
# yum install toped --enablerepo=updates-testing
Filed under: Free Electronic Lab, toped
February 15, 2011 • 21:58
geda-gaf stable release 1.6.2 will be available shortly on fedora and EPEL testing repositories. Unfiltered changes can be found here.
# yum install geda-gaf --enablerepo=updates-testing
Filed under: Free Electronic Lab, gEDA
SystemPerl 1.336 2010/11/03
- Fix support for Verilog-Perl 3.305; removing defines, bug300.
It will soon be among your updates. Special credits go to Veripool.
Filed under: Free Electronic Lab, perl, systemc, verilog